Effective immediately, Rarebird Real Estate LLC’s policy for social distancing protocol follows:
Definition of Terms:
- The Rarebird Real Estate office located at 800 NE Broadway Street, Portland, OR 97232 (hereinafter referred to as the “Office”).
- Business-critical visitors include prospective buyers, prospective sellers, existing clients, lenders, escrow officers, notary publics, vendors specific to ongoing projects (hereinafter “Clients”).
- All employees, brokers and independent contractors (hereinafter referred to as “Workers”).
Workers and Clients must abide by this Social Distancing Policy (the “Policy”).
- The Office is closed to the public, and open to Clients by appointment only.
- All non-business-critical individuals, all those not included in the definition of Clients outlined above, are prohibited from visiting the office, attending property showings or meetings with Clients and Workers.
- All Workers are required to work from home.
- All Workers are required to remain at least 6 feet away from each other and all Clients at all times.
- Shaking hands is prohibited. Greet or solidify an agreement with words and gestures only.
- Rarebird Real Estate LLC’s Policy must be provided to every Client engaging in business activity with a Worker.
- Brokers and Clients are required to remain at least 6 feet away from each other at all times, including before, during, and after property showings.
- Marketing of listed homes:
- Brokers are prohibited from hosting open houses.
- Virtual home tours are preferred.
- Appointments are required to view a listed property and should be done so by strictly adhering to the social distancing guidelines established in Governor Brown’s Executive Order 20-12.
- Brokers should avoid personally meeting with Clients if possible, using email, texting, phone calls, or virtual meetings instead.
- Preparing a property for sale:
- All visits to the listed property require the Client and the property owner’s (hereinafter referred to as the “Owner”) prior consent (written ideal);
- All hard surfaces must be washed down after the visit;
- Brokers must confirm with the Client and Owner that they are satisfied with the process for visiting the property, and make any necessary legal changes to satisfy the Client.
- Preparing to show a property:
- Brokers must have the Owner’s express (written) consent in advance of the showing;
- Brokers must provide a copy of the Policy to Owner and confirm owner approval;
- A time limit must be established for visits inside the home and prospective buyers are to be advised of such;
- Traveling with Clients is prohibited;
- All parties must engage in social distancing at all times inside and outside of the home;
- When possible, provide hand sanitizer at the home;
- Brokers must make sure the home’s hard surfaces (counters, etc.) are cleaned before and after the visit;
- Brokers must confirm with the Client and Owner that they are satisfied with the process for visiting the property, and make any necessary legal changes to satisfy the Client and Owner.
- Brokers must not permit others, including assistants, to have access to the home without the listing broker’s consent and the consent of the Owner (written consent ideal).
- A copy of the Policy must be provided to Clients and all parties involved in a transaction prior to further business being conducted, and before any property or office visits.
- The Policy must be included in all listings, marketing materials, and the brokerage website.
- The Social Distancing Policy will remain in effect until Executive Order 20-12 terminates, or additional state or federal regulations prevail.
Enforcement – Brokers violating the Social Distancing Policy will receive a written warning requiring all real estate business be handled remotely; a second written warning may lead up to suspension of conducting business through Rarebird Real Estate. For questions, concerns, or to report a violation, please contact .